Brevard County Lawyer Helping Melbourne Residents Gain The Return Of Children

Child looking backNothing terrifies a parent more than the idea of their child being abducted. Abduction can take many forms. A common occurrence is when a parent refuses to return a child to the other parent in violation of a custody order. This is considered a form of “parental abduction.” Such matters range from a parent engaging in “self-help” and keeping the child at their residence to one absconding away from Florida with the child. Whatever the situation, the fact is that the legal process will ensure that Court orders are followed. Our Brevard County parental abduction lawyer assists residents of Melbourne with gaining the return of their children. Call our attorney for assistance.

Melbourne, Florida attorney gaining the return of children

Court orders must be followed. This includes orders relating to child custody. Unfortunately, parents do not always obey a Judge’s mandate. Such situations may include a parent refusing to return the child to the other out of concern for a child’s safety; the parent may be concerned about a perceived dangerous condition. A parent may also retain the child due to a disagreement with the other side or a feeling that they were “shorted” on their time share. There are also more extreme cases which include a parent leaving the state, without the intention of returning, with a plan of keeping sole custody. In such instances it is possible to gain a Court Order commanding that the child be returned, and that law enforcement assist you in doing so. It cannot be stressed enough that if your child is being held in violation of a court order then you should contact a lawyer immediately.

The immediate step in such a case is to file an emergency request to have the child returned. If warranted, the Judge will grant the request and you will be given an Order commanding law enforcement to help you retrieve the child and their belongings. The Court will also typically hold a hearing to determine whether the other parent should be held in contempt. Depending on the circumstances, the violating parent’s conduct may be enough to justify a change of child custody and to restrict their future visitation. The Court will entertain changing custody if there has been a significant change of circumstances since the last order was entered and if a change is in the child’s best interest.

Lindsey Gardner Shneyder is a Melbourne, Florida attorney handling matters involving the immediate return of children. At your initial consultation she will analyze your court order to determine whether it has been violated. She will make the filing of your request a priority given the extreme nature of the situation. Once the child has been returned, she will also assist with a request to change custody should the facts warrant it. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with our lawyer. We also service clients in the Brevard County cities of Titusville, Cocoa, Palm Bay, Grant, Valkaria, and Rockledge, as well as in the Indian River County areas of Fellsmere, Sebastian, Vero Beach, Indian River Shores, and Orchid.

Affordable Melbourne attorney assisting with parental abduction cases

Melbourne residents have enough to worry about in a case involving parental abduction. How you will afford legal services should not be another cause for concern. Our attorney handles most matters for an affordable flat fee and often accepts modified payment arrangements. She also provides a high level of service. Lindsey promptly returns phone calls, quickly responds to emails, and makes herself available to answer any questions you may have. She focuses on family law so you may focus on the future.